Jalapeno Crab Dip
Yield: 8-10 servings
Prep Time: 10mins Cook Time: 15-20mins
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 8 ounces hot pepper blend shredded cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup fresh jalapeno, finely chopped
- 6 ounces crab meat, chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Mix cream cheese, mayo, half of the cheese, jalapeno, crab meat, and seasonings together in a large bowl until well combined. Transfer dip mixture to a small baking dish and top with remaining cheese.
Bake for about 15 mins, until heated through and beginning to bubble around the edges. Switch to the broil setting and broil for an additional 2-3 minutes until nice and golden brown. (Be sure to keep an eye on the dip while under the broiler! More than once I've turned something crispy because I underestimated the power of that particular oven feature).
Serve immediately while lava hot. Goes great with tortilla chips, pita bread, or crackers (probably tasty on veggies too).
- If any dip survives the party where it was served, you can us it to stuff some mushrooms for a quick & easy side dish.
- Caledonia Road