Yield: 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 25mins Cook Time: 35mins
Ingredients:For the Enchiladas:
- 3 - 4 chicken breasts, boneless
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cans green chili peppers
- 1 package flour tortillas
- 1 package shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 package enchilada seasoning or half seasoning recipe below
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 8oz container sour cream
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 cayenne
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Sautee chicken breasts in skillet and let cool. In medium skillet, melt butter, add finely chopped onion, and cook until translucent. Once onion is cooked, add drained green chili peppers and enchilada seasoning. Mix and set aside.
Dice or shred chicken breasts. In a large bowl, mix together chicken, soup, sour cream and onion mixture.
Fill tortillas with mixture and roll. Put in baking dish. Pour remaining mixture over top. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, cover with cheese and return to oven for 5 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- To easily shred chicken, place in KitchenAid stand mixer with paddle attachment and mix on low speed.
- If you have a larger container of sour cream, then you can mix about 3 TBSP with any remaining chicken mixture and spread on top of enchiladas before baking.
- This is a great recipe to make ahead of time and freeze.
- Also, great as a dip option!
- Caledonia Road